RIGBY RLS – Radial Low Stretch polyester is the finest yacht braid available. Starting with 100% High Tenacity Polyester, RIGBY RLS is manufactured with a 5-stage pre-stretching process. Durable, flexible, easy to splice, and exceeds Cordage Institute standards for strength. Available in the widest size and color range on the market. Manufactured in North America by Rigby Technologies.
- 100% High Tenacity American-made Polyester fibers, for excellent strength and abrasion resistance.
- Radial Construction; 5-stage pre-stretched double braid for sub 3% stretch at 20% of tensile
- Specificgravity 1.38g/ml, does not float in water. Wet strength loss is near zero %
- Suitable for demanding applications including yacht running rigging and industrial applications
- Exceeds Government and Cordage Institute standards for strength
- Easily spliced for up to 100% efficient terminations.
- 1/4″ RLS has a linear density of approximately 55 ft/lb (27 g/m)Average Breaking Strength: 2200lbs, Max WLL 20%.
- 3/8″ RLS has a linear density of approximately 24 ft/lb (62 g/m)Average BreakingStrength: 4200lbs, Max WLL 20%.
- 1/2″ RLS has a linear density of approximately 14 ft/lb (106 g/m)Average Breaking Strength: 7000bs, Max WLL 20%.